We’ve brought our free resources, guides and toolkits together into one page, to help you locate what you need as quickly as possible. Where a resource originally comes from another service or project, we provide a link to the source so you can easily find out more.
PAS Guide for Community Delivery of Local Place Plans
Is your community thinking of creating a Local Place Plan (LPP)? Our Guide explains the role of LPPs in the Scottish planning system and offers a framework to support you with developing and delivering your plan:
- Part 1 Planning and Preparing
- Part 2 Understanding the Issues
- Part 3 Writing and Delivering
To find out more about Local Place Plans, take a look at our Community-led Plans page.
PAS Guide to Effective Community Engagement: SP=EED
SP=EED is our guide and toolkit to support more effective and meaningful community engagement in the planning system. You can find out more about it on the SP=EED page, or directly download the guide below.
Information Sheets on Planning Issues
In the following information sheets we aim to simplify various aspects of the planning system. For more information or to submit an enquiry, please visit our Advice Service page.
Info sheets last revised April 2023.
1. Development Planning (available shortly)
2. Development Management
3. Material Considerations
4. Planning Appeals and Local Reviews
6. Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas
7. Rights and Challenges in the Scottish Planning System
8. Planning and Transport
9. Glossary of Common Planning Terms in Scotland
10. Introduction to Planning for Young People
11. Applying for a Householder Planning Application on e-planning