View our Strategy 2019-2023 document to find out more about our work.
PAS is Scotland’s leading place and active citizenship charity. For the last 25 years, we have been supporting a planning system that is inclusive, positive and innovative, where individuals and communities help shape the future of their place. We help individuals and community groups to get involved in the planning system in an impartial, open and inclusive way.
We are a volunteer-led organisation supported by a network of over 400 specialist volunteers, including professionals from across the built environment sector. PAS has continuously held Investing in Volunteers status since 2008.
We provide skills training and support for community groups, planners, elected members and public bodies, as well as to seldom-heard groups who often cannot readily engage in the planning system. In particular, we support community organisations to develop and deliver their own aspirations for place through local place plans.
Our Advice Service offers a free, impartial and confidential planning advice service, provided by our specialist volunteers, all of whom are chartered planners. Contact our advice helpline on here.
Board Members 2018-2019
- Irene Beautyman (Chair), Planning for Place Programme Manager, Improvement Service
- Caroline Cuthbertson (Treasurer)
- Ian Angus
- Graham Marchbank, Chartered Town Planner
- Nikola Miller, Principal Planning Advisor, Homes for Scotland
- Michaela Sullivan, Group Land Manager, Cala Group Ltd
- Simon Watkins
- John Bury
- John Campbell Q.C., Faculty of Advocates
- Stuart Watson, Decarbonisation Policy Lead, Scottish Government
For staff members, please click here.